Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

“Customer relationship management is the overall process of building and maintaining profitable customer relationships by delivering superior customer value and satisfaction. It deals with all aspects of acquiring, keeping, and growing customers” Building customer relationships (pg. 13)  
One of best customer service I’ve experienced was when I went to an AT&T store. This was the first time I went into a phone store. Normally when my phone broke I would usually get a new one at my local Walmart or something. I honestly just needed a phone just to make phone calls and nothing else. So when I decided to upgrade to a smartphone I really didn't have a clue on what I wanted to buy. I walk in and felt like a fish out of water because I honestly didn't know where to start on purchasing the right phone. My intentions were to just get a phone and walk out end, of story, but things didn't end that way. There was a nice staff member who greeted me and asked me if I needed help. First I said I was okay and I didn't need any help. When I finally found the phone I wanted to buy, the staff member that greeted me before warned me about the phone I was about to buy. It turned out that the battery had issues and it was slower to the other phones they offered and it was more of their expensive phones that really wasn't worth it. I was a bit shocked that he told me this, because I thought it was the staff job to sell me anything even if it was a bad product or not. I later went home with a different phone other than the one I was going to originally buy. I also decided to do a little bit more research on that phone and he was right about it, I almost bought a terrible phone but because AT&T had a honest staff, I don't think I'll buy a phone anywhere else but AT&T.

No comments:

Post a Comment